Sunday 11 August 2013

Death has now been swallowed up in victory!

Whilst I was at contagious last summer as part of one of the seminar's we were looking at death.  It is a hard topic to look at and think about because socially it is such a taboo subject.

Me and the precious little boy

Some people may argue that death is just a natural part of life and that everyone dies and it is normal - it just happens.
Taken just two days before he died

A very special little boy who was very precious and dear to me died just over a year ago aged just 12 years old.  Is death natural?  No.  I can tell you it is not and I think the same would be said of anyone who has had a close friend or family member die.

It feels wrong.  That's because it is.  Death was not part of creation and it will not be part of the new creation.  I long for my friend not to be dead.  I long to see his smile, hear his laugh, just be able to spend more time with him.  What a comfort to know that through Christ death has been swallowed up in victory!


















What a fantastic truth to hold onto.

Death feels so 'stingy'.  It feels so permanent.  It feels so definite, so inevitable.  Like there's no point fighting it as it is going to win eventually, no matter what we do.




Death does not reign victorious, Jesus does!

1 comment:

  1. I've just come across this moving piece of writing and wanted to say a warm thank you for it. It contains a strong ring of truth and great Biblical hope.

    John Tindall

    ReplyDelete