Thursday 31 January 2013

Are you sitting in the big fish?

Last week I wrote about how I feel I am 'in the belly'.  I love this song by FFH.  Its a fun song but also has great lyrics.  

I particularly love the second verse where it talks about our inadequacies that we can feel:

You're one brick short of a load now brother
You're one shot away from a bullseye
You are missing the mark on your spiritual walk
You started walking away now you're sinking -
Into the deep, wake up from the sleep
See your one fry short of a happy meal
You are incomplete by your own deceit
You turned your back, now you're going swimming


We often feel like we just aren't good enough and however hard we try we never quite match up to the mark and the truth is that well we don't ever match up to the mark.  This can leave us feeling rubbish and insignificant.  

But the song goes on to this:

You're sinking low how low can you go
So low that you don't know which way to go
To the truth or to the dare?
If you take the dare then you'll be swallowed there
But run to the truth and you will find
That a rescue arrives just in time
To pick you up back on your feet
Obedience is neat.


In those times when we are feeling one fry short of a happy meal (that metaphor made me smile...) all we need to do is turn to the truth and run to God.  Through Christ we are more than enough - He completes us and fills us.  It is such a relief that it isn't down to us to the reach the mark or hit the bullseye as we would never be able to do it.  Thankfully we don't need to - Jesus has already done it for us.  He asks us to come as we are, not try to do a dodgy DIY job of fixing ourselves first.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful!
    Love the simplicity of your writing and the powerful message it conveys.
    Song brilliant too!
    Thanks for posting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I love the song... I often love songs meant for children as they just take the bible simply and don't try and add clever sounding words or anything like that it just says what is true in a simple and basic way. I don't really think I am much good at writing but have things on my heart I want to share. Thanks for reading :o)

    ReplyDelete